Saturday, October 30, 2010

What a Blessing!

So, for those of you who know that I interned with PwC both before and after my mission, this may be a shock, but I declined my full-time offer. For some reason I did not feel good the more I contemplated the decision of returning to DC after graduation in April, especially to the accounting world. I loved my group this summer but decided to take the risk and go full force for investment banking.

With the help of soo many people, I was able to grow my network, prepare for technical interviews, and finally, I am happy to say, land an offer. I will be joining Wells Fargo Securities, Investment Banking and Capital Markets. In February I will fly out to Charlotte and participate in a placement day where I will be assigned a group and from there, a location- either Charlotte, San Francisco, or New York City. I will begin in June 2011 and am so excited. After speaking to so many banks, I feel like it is the perfect culture fit for me!
I am so grateful!

My Path to Wells:
Scott Havertz
who told me about Pathways to NY this summer
Winston Wilkinson who provided me with contacts keeping me busy in NYC
Jessie Butterfield my random roommate for a week while hunting down Winston's contacts,
Thomas Jones
Jessie's boyfriend, now in Private Equity, previously @WF,
Troy Ford
@WF passed my resume on...
Craig Cox @WF ---> First round phone Interview in the SFO airport- 9th Interview of the day


Enjoy my childhood memory below:

No comments: