Tuesday, August 28, 2007

Home in Maryland

I flew home to Maryland for a week. It was fun. I got to see my family and also be a part of my best friend's wedding! Sarah Carr was my roommate during my freshman year in Hawaii and coincidentally, she is from Philadelphia which made the Washington DC temple the place to get married! The wedding was beautiful!

August 16th was my sister Rae's birthday. We celebrated by going to Sakura, a Japanese habachi grill. My mom also made some amazing baked alaska. I got her a cute outfit from Forever 21. While back home I did some shopping back home at a couple of my favorite stores, Urban Outfitters and H&M.

I did temple baptisms with the youth while at home and spent some time with my family. We saw the movie No Reservations, which was cute. I also, of course, visited my second family- the Chevys Fresh Mex group! My bosses Mimi and Sharon, and co-workers that have seen me grow up over the years were very happy to have me visit.

I'd have to say though, the best part about being home was, of course, getting my ticket for free! I used a travel voucher that I had acquired last Christmas for an oversold flight. That's the way to go! I'm now back in Provo and staying with sisters until I can move into my new condo. Classes start a week from today and I'm working as much as possible until then so I can pay for my $500 textbooks.

1 comment:

Pam's Place said...

Camille! You won't remember me, but I was a Primary teacher in the Gaithersburg Ward when you and your sisters were in Primary. Such lovely girls, sweet, and always smiling.

So fun to run across your blog. Just read today's entry and discovered that I know you. I'll be sure to read more.

My husband and I live in Provo now, about a mile from the Y.

I hope your family is well.