Monday, October 20, 2008

The Temple

Friday, October 17th, I received my own endowment in the Washington DC Temple. Going through the temple for the first time was an amazing experience. It was a special day to be there with both my parents as well as a good family friend Joyce Lewis. It was an amazing experience and a huge thing.

We are raised through childhood singing the primary song "I love to see the temple, I'm going there someday..." and I still can't believe that someday has actually come and gone. I am grateful to my parents that instilled a sense of continual preparation to be able to enjoy such an amazing thing. I have about a month until I leave on my mission and I will be returning to the temple as much as possible in that time. This amazing edifice that I would frolic around when I was a young child now has even more importance to me. It is a beautiful place and the blessings of the temple are real.

1 comment:

LDS Family said...

Cool picture of the DC Temple. Our group is going there this year.
www.ldstempletrips.com