Friday, November 7, 2008

Delectable

Sunkist Fruit Gems.... the way to my heart. Miriam and I would joke about buying a 32lb order of these online because for a long time we could not find them anywhere! Not even in the plastic tubs at Costco. They are soft and chewy and citrus-y. Anyways, while in Provo "going to school" about a month ago, I was with Missy and Miriam waiting for a wedding gift to be wrapped at Bed, Bath, and Beyond and lo and behold, right there in the middle of their huge candy display at the customer service counter was a nice box of these precious things. It was a shallow tray priced at $6! In spite of the price, Miriam quickly grabbed a few boxes. A day later I was doing a little grocery shopping at Days Market on Canyon Road. (I shop there because it is cute and homey, I like to feel like a local and not a college student) I found a large stock of these hidden in a crate about knee level on the end of a produce display. I brought Miriam back within a couple days and I think she bought half of their inventory. Anyways, if you are ever in Days, pick up a bag of these delectable treats. Their freshness lasts forever because of the individual packaging.

1 comment:

Pam's Place said...

Camille, I live within walking distance of Day's, shop there often. And those Sunkist Fruit Gems are my favorite, too!

Your blog is beautiful. The pictures of the fall leaves in Derwood and the one of the Washington Temple make me homesick for Maryland. We've been in Utah for seven years now, and we love it here. But every now and then, I have a wave of nostalgia for the East.

I see you're coming out to the MTC very soon. I'm so excited to hear that you're going on a mission. Will you be able to post to your blog occasionally, or will your Mom or sisters keep one for you?

Is there some way we can exchange email addresses without putting them here publicly? Are you on facebook?