Friday, March 13, 2009

T1W6 I'm PREGO!!!

Hey Fam-

Can you all believe I am finished with my first transfer in the field already?!? Crazy huh?! The biggest news is that I'm PREGNANT! That means that I'm having a baby- or in other words- I'll be training this transfer!

I found out Friday morning that I'll be going out to this ward, Bear Creek, to be in a trio with Hermana Hollenbaugh and a greenie and we will be training her together. Everyone is so surprised--especially me because we both have only 1 transfer under us and there are several other older sisters in the mission. Hermana Draney is training again this transfer too. The greenie that Hermana Hollenbaugh and I are getting was a surprise and President just found out last week because she did the advanced Spanish class at the MTC. That means the missionary is only in the MTC for 3 weeks bc they already know the language. We hear she is from Chile so I am excited. President says this came as a big surprise to him too- that I would be training- but he says it shows that the Lord has a lot of trust in me and he respects that. It is really unheard of to be training this early on in the mission- I think it is a first. It will also be interesting reliving the Hermana Hollenbaugh sega but I think it will be good- I get a second chance to really start over and have a good relationship. I have been focusing on humility and this is exactly what I was asking for. When we were in the MTC together we taught really well and worked hard so I think we will be able to bring the Spirit to the lessons.

I am sad to leave Nacho and Alva. I will send some pictures from the Boda. We had it Friday night. Their 4 year old son Angel helped her pick out a dress. It was a fabulous event if I do say so myself. They will be baptized the Sunday after the next and unfortunately I won't be there to see it but when we taught them last night they said they would miss me and have loved having me. I've gotten really close with the kids. We had decorations, a dinner, a huge turn-out, some hoppin latin music with a serious sound system and a huge tres leches tiered cake! The relief society was amazing in volunteering their talents to help us.

The Bear Creek ward has several baptism dates set for the next few weeks when I will be there to "reap the harvest." Even though I am not the one that planted the seed and did the teaching, I know that these baptisms I should embrace with all my heart just as if they were my gators (investigators). Bear Creek is out in Katy which is a town outside the city that is more established and is not pure ghetto like here in Louetta. It will be a new experience.

Last p-day we played raquetball and Hermana Draney was intramural champ at BYU and with my tennis skills we pretty much crushed everyone. Haha. It was fun but we were both sore the next day. We work very hard and have constantly taught 20+ lessons each week all transfer. Today our district is having a salsa competition. I'm a bit scared because their going for spicy and we all know how that goes over with me. This week we ate with a member from Ecuador and she made us bamboo. It was..... interesting. Alva and Nacho also made us this Mexican dish called Menudo which is also something I just had to down without saying anything.

I love this work. What helps me is to think of how I am accountable to the Lord for this little piece of his garden he as entrusted me to tend. At the end of the transfer looking back I know I have done my best and labored without ceasing to bring these souls unto Him.

I hope everyone is well. I love you guys.

Ciao.

Camille

1 comment:

Jeff said...

WOW that's crazy Camille! Training is a lot of fun, but it's tough too.

Good luck with it all. I know that Heavenly Father trusts you and loves you!

We're praying for you and for the work.