Tuesday, May 5, 2009

T2W5 Exchanges in West Green

Dear Family,

How is everyone?! I can't believe Clarissa is home for the summer already. Miriam, I am glad you had a bumpin' birthday. Haha. I just wanted to clear up a joke I made a few weeks ago about Rae kissing someone. She didn't just kiss one boy. She kissed two! Haha. Just kidding. We found some bubbles today and the elders invited us to their barbeque so it should be a good p-day. The weather is gorgeous.

We have some investigators that are really progressing. This one that was referred to us from one of our member friends is named Angelica. We have been teacher her and her "husband" and just this week we taught the law of chastity and this weekend we found out that she moved out because they weren't married. She is a hair stylist and we have made good friends so it will be sad if I have to leave.

We find out this weekend about transfers and I really have a feeling I am leaving again based on the situation with the other Spanish Sisters. We'll see though.

This week we did exchanges. In the Katy Zone where I am right now, we are far from the city so we have to just do exchanges with the one other companionship of Spanish sisters in our zone. Their area is West Green. Hermana Dewey and I went to be companions with Hermana Willis who I met in the MTC. She came out the transfer before me and wrote me while I was still in the MTC. We get along well together. Anyways, the exchange was really fun. I love change and especially getting the chance to learn from another Sister's teaching style. She made us cookie dough brownies that were delicious. We taught some really good lessons where the Spirit was really strong. They have some really great investigators there too! Funny thing though- she got a huge envelope of pictures of her best friend's wedding while we were there. I was thumbing through them just glancing and she says "hey the groom is actually from DC too."

I say "oh yeah? what's his name?"

"Gary Anderton," she says.

"AHHHHH!!! He licked the chalk board when I was in primary!" I said. It was really crazy. I looked at the picture I was holding and there he was! Crazy!!!

The zone leaders found out we had exchanged and arranged for us to play poison at the stake center for exercise the next morning. There are 4 other companionships that live close by the Katy Stake Center so we all got there at 6:00am and played this game that our zone plays every p-day down at the stake center called Poison. It's dodgeball with a few more rules. It was really fun because we had only gotten to know all those elders a little bit before that. We switched back to our normal area of Bear Creek on Wednesday.

Yesterday when we went out contacting/tracting we found a lot of latinos in this one trailer park celebrating Easter with colored powder and confetti. It was smeared all over their faces. They invited us to play with them. We had to decline (they had beer) but got several appointments set with some new people for the next week.

Dolores got confirmed yesterday and we will have another baptism this coming Sunday for a 27 year old girl named Yessica (Jessica). We are all excited. We worked really hard preparing her for the interview and after deliberation between the bishop and the Mission President we are able to go through with it.

Please offer to go out with the missionaries!! We always need a member testimony or a familiar face when the investigator gets to church on Sunday. I love you guys! I love this work and and I am grateful to be in the service of the Lord. I know that He is at the head of this, His church on the earth today.

Love, Cam

No comments: