Tuesday, May 5, 2009

T3W1 New Transfer

Dear Family,

How is everyone! Congrats on the PR Rae and to Clarissa on the job with Bearman. The weather here in Houston/Katy is gorgeous. We are going to play Capture the Flag today with our zone against our neighboring zone. It should be a lot of fun.

This week we visited a lot of people so Hermana Hollenbaugh could say good-bye before she left. We sent her off on the transfer bus on Wednesday and got back to work. We decided we would focus this transfer on doing more tracting. The whole last transfer we visited people that were not progressing and we decided to change that this transfer and find a new set of investigators. We went tracting several hours this week and it was really successful. We have appointments set this week coming up so we will see if they are the one prepared by the Lord in answer to our prayers.

Hermana Dewey and I got a keyboard from some elders and have been having a lot of fun with it. If I play one hand and she plays the other, we can play all of the hymns in the hymn book perfectly.

Thursday we stopped by the church and it happened to be mutual night. We saw two of our investigators Jose and Rafael-two teenage boys, all sweaty and bonded with the other young men. It made us so happy! They got signed up for scouts and sucked into being on the soccer team too! I bet they didn't know church meant more than just Sundays.

The Juarez family will be baptized on the 17th of May. We realized Julio, the oldest son will turn 16 on the 10th of May and he will be able to baptize his father and his two younger siblings. We also got a baptism date with Victor, the brother of Dolores who got baptized just a couple weeks ago.

I hope you all liked the pictures. Mom made this comment in a card she sent "that picture of you prego was quite disturbing." Haha. What's funny is we received a referral and went to go contact it and it was this very animated lady who had been taught before. She showed us her Book of Mormon that she reads everyday. Her problem is coming to church because she works on Sundays. Anyways, I was wearing the same yellow shirt and she asked me if I was "embarazada" or Pregnant!!! I was so embarrassed! I told her no - she still wasn't convinced and told me I have a beautiful face, I just need to lose a bit of the fat around it!! Ironically I've lost quite a bit of weight. I'm running my mile in 7 min and 34 sec!! (Don't laugh but that's good for me!) We told this less active girl that we visit, Sandy, and she assured me it was just the cut of the shirt and I shouldn't worry.

We are in a prank war with the elders in the district. (Big surprise huh?) Sandy helped us come up with something we will do today. DON'T WORRY MOM! We are still working hard and it's all within reason. Friday after district meeting, the district was going to Wendys, we thought they were waiting for us so we could follow them but when we turned on the car a huge cloud of flour blew into our faces. They had turned the A/C on high and pointed it right at where we would sit. This morning we went and wrapped their car in plastic wrap. 600 feet of plastic wrap!! We had one set of elders help us but little do they know we have something for them later today. Sandy works at Buffalo Wild Wings where all the elders like to eat. They do something called the Blazin' Challenge. It's the most spicy of their 15 different kinds of wings. She told us to be careful a million times because if you're not Mexican, it can do some bad damage. Haha. We'll see how they like it later today.

We had a meeting with the bishopric and ward mission leader Saturday night. They are excited and expressed their trust and support for us this coming transfer- especially with Elder Nelson training. We have a really young set of missionaries in our ward. Elder Nelson- the really blonde one from my district pic that I sent is training Elder Lang who just got here from the MTC this week. We speak better Spanish so we're trying to help them out. The Spirit in the meeting was very strong. We each shared our testimony and it was another confirmation to me that I am in the right place. I know with all my heart this gospel changes lives and is the only way we can receive exaltation. I am grateful for the opportunity to be here and I appreciate the support of you, my family. Thank you for everything!

Love you,
Camille

No comments: