Wednesday, November 17, 2010

Pozole Verde


Today, Callan Graham and I made my most delicious Pozole Verde ever! Ok so it was my first ever- but it was super rico! It is hominy (mutantly giant corn kernels) and chicken stewed in chicken broth and an amazing chile: jalapenos, poblanos, tomatillos, oregano, garlic, and onion. It's eaten with tostadas and crema, and garnished with lettuce, cilantro, radishes, and avocado. We made it for the ward mission council's Culture Night activity. I couldn't stay for the activity but I hear the Pozole was the popular dish. We ate this dish probably every other Sunday after church with la familia Araujo for the last 4 months of my mission.

Winter time in Houston was filled with delicious pozoles, caldos, abuelitas (chocolate) and atole to get us through the "cold."

No comments: