Saturday, September 26, 2009

T4W4 Temple Trip and Good Numbers!

Dear Family,

How is everyone?! This week was packed full. From what Mom says sounds like everyone else is keeping busy too. I'm very dark- my watch tan gets more defined every day. Miriam- I want to see how dark you are!

This week we taught 25 lessons, had 11 new investigators and had 10 lessons taught to investigators with a member present, and filled 2 gallons with sweat each (Editor's note: I think we all agree that this last statistic is gross). Ha ha. Not that numbers really mean much, but these numbers mean we worked hard. We come home every night so happy and I have never before felt so much that the Lord is content with the work that we are helping to be brought forth in this area. The area is just blooming! Next week we are packed just about every single hour of the week with appointments. It is because we talk to everyone. At the beginning of my mission this was not as easy for me, but I feel such an excitement to approach whatever moving human being I catch in my peripheral. My companion says that she is learning from me in this way. I am, what we call, her "greenie-breaker" or her first companion after her trainer and while I learn a lot from her I am privileged to offer some of my strengths as well.

We set a baptism date with J. Martinez (age 35). He is the son-in-law of one of the English ward members who is less active. She referred his name and he is so ready to receive the Gospel. The glow in his face as he listens to our teachings combined with his expression of desires to change his life invite the Spirit so strongly in our visits. We are excited for him and to see him progress.

Yesterday we taught a 20 year old girl, Karla, who has 2 kids. She just moved to Texas from the Bronx and is ready for a new life. As I testified to her of the Atonement of our Savior, Jesus Christ, I felt that perfect love that Heavenly Father has for her. Imagine hearing a single 20 year-old with 2 kids and not having any preconceived judgments attached but knowing that through the waters of baptism all is forgiven. That perfect love I experienced just a piece of yesterday as her eyes filled with tears while listening to our testimonies. I know that our Father has that perfect love for each one of us and all that we must to do show our love in return is be obedient to his commandments.

I know we have been so blessed in this area. We are getting to know the ward better and really enjoying the work. Hermana Gurney got sunburned really bad this week but she didn't let that stop her from treating it with aloe vera, changing into a different top, and getting right back into the work. The majority of our lessons we teach sitting on buckets or chairs outside on the porch but whatever the location is- the importance of the message and the capacity of the Spirit is still the same. We are here to create that setting and invite the Spirit to testify.

I hope all is well and that my emails don't bore you!

Love you all!

Camille

No comments: