Tuesday, February 24, 2009

MTC Week 1

Dear Family and Friends,

How is everyone? Sorry, I have only 20 minutes left and there is so much to tell. I hope all is well at home and in UT and HI.

Serving a mission is one of the best decisions I could have made. The MTC is work work work. I love it though. The spirit is with us all day long.

I saw Elder Bloem a couple times a day since I've been here. It is fun to see so many people that I know. I run into people from the business school pretty frequently because they are teachers here.

Yesterday my companion and I changed districts(classes) because I am at a more advanced level in my Spanish than most of the other people learning Spanish. We are in an intermediate district and the teacher speaks Spanish the entire class. It is fun getting to know people.

We went to the temple today and that was an amazing experience. Miriam, on Sunday I was at the temple taking pictures with my old district and one of the Elders I asked to take pictures for me was in your Freshman Ward in Helaman Halls. He is going to Texas as well. I can't remember his name now- Elder Farrer or something along those lines.

Thursday we get to hear from a General Authority. They don't announce beforehand so the community doesn't come sneak in. I am excited for Thanksgiving. I pray for everyone every day.

My Spanish has gotten a lot better. I say all my prayers in Spanish and I can bear my testimony as well. Thank you Miriam for that party- and to the rest of the family for coming to the MTC. Did you get my letter? I will send some pictures in about a week. The photo developers are taking the holiday off.

I wanted to share a story I heard in a Large Group Meeting- similar to a devotional with the MTC Presidency. A lady about to die asked that she be buried with a fork in her right hand. When everyone passed her casket (sp?) they wondered why she had a fork. During the funeral service, the speaker informed the congregation of her wish to buried with a fork in her hand. When she was alive, she always knew something better was coming when she got to keep her fork for dessert. It was not just a cookie or jello- but some delicious pie or cake. She knew that something better was coming after she passed away so she asked to keep her fork with her. I liked that story.

Are you guys shopping on black friday?

Sorry this email is so random but I didn't organize my thoughts before I started and now the time is running out.

My companion is Hermana Hollenbaugh from Puyallup, WA. We've had some differences to work out but I think we are getting better. I am a perfectionist because I feel like I am in school and I think it might stress her out, because assignments were and are always so important. I am trying to be more patient and charitable.

Please write! I haven't gotten any mail and I'm the only one. I know everyone is busy and I would love to hear about what is going on.

I love you all,

Camille

No comments: