Tuesday, February 24, 2009

MTC Week 2

Dear Family,

Thank you for all of the Dear Elders. The mail room is really good at making corrections to box numbers. I'm sorry about the confusion. My address is now:

Hermana Camille Blanco
Provo MTC Box #108
TX-HOU 0128
2005 N 900E
Provo, UT 84604
camille.blanco.THM@myldsmail.net

Anyone is allowed to email me, however, I can only reply via email to direct family.

I got a Dear Elder from Aunt Cindy and that was a nice surprise. Mom, will you forward my emails on to Dustin? Also, I think Clarissa's email is incorrect on the directory because I got the email back. I'm sorry I still haven't gotten pictures developed so it'll be another week until I am able to get some sent out.

I hope everyone is doing well.

I saw Boyd in the cafeteria this week and he said to say hi to the family. He teaches Romanian on the floor just above me. I also saw Rachel Lovejoy and Caitlin Magidson and some other guys I knew from Hawaii. The building is small so that was quite a coincidence.

Mom, thank you for checking my Wells Fargo account.

This week went by 3x as fast as the first week. I am learning so much every day. My district is amazing. We a have a lot of fun together. We tried an English fast last night, meaning from after lunch until lights out at 10:30pm we had to speak only Spanish. I think it was a little premature because some people in the class don't have vocabulary to last that long, but it was good in that it forced all of us to use our Spanish more.

One of my teachers, Brother Dallon, is super funny. He has a girlfriend right now that is 19 and is the daughter of the mission president of his home in Omaha and she just got her mission call to Czech. She wants to keep going out with him but he believes writing someone is distracting and completely inappropriate. This time should be between you, the Lord, and your mother (only to keep her sane). Anyways, it's very dramatic and we love to hear about the details.

My other teacher is this tiny native speaker, Brother Vazquez. He giggles at everything and the Elders love getting off task by asking him how to say silly things like "Who ya gonna call?" or "Peace out".

I am becoming much more familiar with the scriptures and have been a memorizing machine. I love Section 4 in the D&C- as every missionary should. It keeps me working hard. Something interesting I realized through that section is that I was wrong when I thought that going on a mission was very optional for me because my patriarchal blessing says that I was to serve a mission if it was the desire of my heart; however, this is what the Lord says to everyone in Section 4. There are people that I am meant to teach in Houston. I have a testimony that I can be an instrument in his hands and this is what he wants for me.

My companion, Hermana Hollenbaugh, and I are becoming better friends. We are setting goals more and becoming better at teaching. I am so happy and I hope everyone can find joy in the gospel too. It brings me peace and I pray more often and more sincerely than ever before. Thank you for your prayers.

Miriam, Josh Humphreys is like my mission brother and he wants a letter from you. I miss everyone dearly, Dad, Mom, Emma, Miriam, Clarissa, Rae, and of course Ben. Keep using deer elder. (Editor's note: I left that spelling error, because it is soooooo Camille.)

Your missionary,

Hermana Camille Blanco

No comments: