Tuesday, February 24, 2009

MTC Week 5

Hey Family,

Sorry, this is going to be a short email because I had computer problems earlier and now only have a few minutes to write.

First of all I wanted to wish everyone a Merry Christmas. Thank you for the package. I haven't opened the presents yet but the stocking was fun. It reminded me of how I loved how we would go through our stocking super early in the morning and then again later when it was actually a decent hour.

Spending this holiday in the service of my Savior is probably the best thing one could do. I'm not sure exactly what the MTC has planned but I think we're all hoping for President Monson to come. We heard from Elder Glenn L. Pace this last week.

Each day is filled with the spirit. This week the highlight was definitely teaching in Spanish for the first time. It was interesting. I find myself being a lot more confident in my Spanish which helps a lot. I still have a long ways to go but I know the Lord will help me as I study and work on it.

I love the letters from Rae and Missy in Spanish. I got an email from Elder Bethke just the other day too in Spanish. That was so fun. He said the gangsters are afraid of him and his Samoan companion.

Sunday was pretty funny. Sister Mary Ellen Edmonds (Editor's note: I love her, she's one of my Women's Conference favorites) spoke to us and she is so not like the other polished Relief Society women, but I felt the Spirit so strongly in her jokes and her testimony. She said when she was called to the RS General Board she started looking up definitions of words. She looked up relief in the bible dictionary and couldn't find it spelled correctly, "R-o-l-a-i-d-s." Haha.

She also said that our Father in heaven loves us perfectly. That was something I needed especially with my companion. He doesn't remember our shortcomings and is patient in all things when we are far from perfect. I am so grateful for the knowledge of this and have been working on that perfect love for my companion.

Please write me and let me know what happens for Christmas. I know it will be different this year but wherever we are, we can remember our Savior and His eternal gift. I was able to get a picture with Elder Bloom and Elder Harmon together before Elder Bloom left for LV yesterday. He will be a good missionary.

I pray for you guys every day. Know that I love you and that with faith all of our challenges can be over come. Christ descended below it all.

Merry Christmas!

Love,

Camille

No comments: