Tuesday, February 24, 2009

MTC Week 4

Dearest Family,

I am glad to hear from you whenever I get mail. Thank you mom for your frequent DearElders. I love hearing from you each day. Sounds like Clarissa made it home safely after all of that happened in LA/AL. And I hope Miriam had a fun time in Seattle. Time is going by so quickly here. The days go by like weeks but the weeks go by like days.


This week in Relief Society we heard from Mary N. Cook of the YW General Presidency. I said the closing prayer and sat on the stand so that was fun to be so close to her. RS is a large meeting with all the sister missionaries so we are blessed to get to hear from some amazing people sometimes. She talked about virtue being a new YW value. It was a great talk. We also heard from Lynn G. Robbins of the Seventy last Tuesday night which was amazing.

Sunday night's devotional was the BYU Men's Chorus. They sang Christmas songs and other fun songs the whole time. It was also amazing. The spirit was so strong, especially as one of the members told of his conversion story in Taiwan just a couple years ago. He was stubborn with the missionaries and ready to ask them not to come anymore. Right before he could tell them the news, the elders had him listen to a cd. It was the BYU Men's Chorus. He felt the Spirit. He said, "How could something so beautiful not be of God?" It reminds me of the Echoes of the Sabbath CD that you love Rae. It was weird seeing a huge group of returned missionaries on our missionary territory. Haha. I saw Paul Brems and Doug Brewster- who I did investment banking trips with and whose wife is Mariah in the accounting program who was a great example to me as I decided to serve a mission. I talked with both of them for a little while after.

Christmas is coming up and I wish everyone a Merry Christmas. Yesterday when I was making phone calls at the Referral Center, I called a lady to see if she had gotten her Joy to the World DVD that she requested on mormon.org. It was such a great experience to bear my testimony of the Savior to her. She was also excited to focus on the life of Christ. She asked about the Book of Mormon and hopefully in the future she will be able to learn of that truthfulness too. Ironically, she is in Houston. She said it was snowing!!! The first snow in four years! I couldn't believe it. I thought I would be escaping the cold wetness. It is snowing quite a bit just recently but I have been keeping warm.

As I look to Christ's example, I know how imperfect I am. I was asked to speak in Relief Society in a couple weeks just for a couple minutes and share my experience of observing quiet time in the Residence Halls. My companion and I set a goal to do as they asked and be quiet at 10:15 and lights out at 10:30. It has blessed me in my journal writing and reflection of my spiritual experiences from the day.

I am so grateful for all of your love and prayers. I hope Christmas is full of love for Jesus Christ and for our family. We have been singing Christmas songs as a district and they love that I can sing the harmony. The beautiful music allows us to remember our Savior and His important role in this plan.

I love each of you- Dad, Mom, Emma, Miriam, Clarissa, Rae, and Ben. I know that obedience and patience is the key as we turn to the Lord for help with our struggles. He will bless you.

Love,

Camille

No comments: