Tuesday, February 24, 2009

T1W3 Personal Records!

Dear Family,

Mom and Dad, thank you for the Valentines package. I loved everything there. It's funny how well you know me. The cd, soup, sheet music, gummy hearts, knee highs, pin--everything! Hna. Draney and I enjoyed the cookies and brownies the second I opened the box. I wore the blouse yesterday to Church and everyone loved it.

I've pretty much been pulled in as the ward chorister for everything--the YW musical number, sacrament meeting, and Relief Society. Hermana Draney has been pulled in as the accompanist for everything too. The Bishop always tells us how much he appreciates our help. We are hoping to teach the women how to lead music at an upcoming enrichment.


Texas is great. The land isn't too pretty--and I haven't seen a white person who isn't a missionary in a couple weeks now--but I am loving the work. Everywhere we go people pretty much just follow us because they want to learn more. The mission has a goal of 20 lessons a week. Our zone's average goal is 12 lessons a week. The week before last we got 19 lessons. We tried so hard this week and finished with 21 lessons and 14 new investigators. These were both personal records for Hermana Draney even with over a year in the mission! I refused to negotiate lower when setting goals for this coming week so we're going for even higher and better. Haha.

This week was full of teaching! We are working with the members a lot more and it is helping our investigators get to know the church. Monday night very late we got a call from the Zone Leaders. They exchanges planned for the next day. Hna. Draney says that usually you know way before hand but this was very surprising. What was even more surprising that me- the Greenie- was the one to stay in the area. Hna. Draney says she thinks they were testing me. That meant I was the senior companion- and had to lead the lessons, get us to all the appointments and deal with all of the investigators. My companions for the next two days were Hna. Ramirez and Hna. Friezsel. It was fun being in a threesome. We made taquitos and had a fun night getting to know each other.

This week we also had a Zone meeting and Zone conference. Zone conference was amazing. It was our zone and another zone and President and Sister Hansen focused on setting goals to develop the Christlike attributes found in Preach My Gospel. I encourage everyone to look at the end of that chapter for the Attribute Activity. It helps evaluate where your weaknesses are. It has helped me from day one in the MTC really focus on becoming a true disciple of Christ.

We have a family, Alva and Nacho, and their two sons, who are really close to baptism. We feel they are both ready, but they need to get married first. They were going to get their marriage license on Monday but their oldest son got really sick with pneumonia and was in the hospital. It is amazing how hard Satan tries to get in the way of the work. Hna. Draney and I are both way excited to plan a boda (wedding) for them! We are hoping they will have a date this week.

Friday night was the ward Cena (Dinner) to celebrate el dia de San Valentin o dia de los enamorados. We went and had some good food, mingled with the members and took off just as the baile started (dancing).

Dad, you should go out with the missionaries! It helps so much to have the testimony of a member!

Thank you for all your love and support. I love how I get more mail from elders I met in the MTC than from my sisters though!! Haha, it's true but I understand everyone is busy. I love you still. Always remember that the Lord is mindful of each one of you and your needs and desires.

Love,

Camille

No comments: